Is de hel exothermisch of endothermisch?

Voor de wat minder serieuze onderwerpen
blimmel
Special MOD

Is de hel exothermisch of endothermisch?

Post by blimmel »

IS DE HEL EXOTHERMISCH OF ENDOTHERMISCH?

Het volgende is een echt antwoord op een vraag tijdens een chemie-examen aan de Universiteit van Washington. Het antwoord van één student was zo geweldig dat de professor het via internet met zijn collega's deelde en zodoende staat het nu hier. Hij is erg leuk.
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of
change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Teresa Banyan during my Freshman year, '...that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,' and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then #2 cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze."

The student received the only "A" given.
venomous

Post by venomous »

^:^ zeker die laaste regels
"The past will often attack the present with the pain of your memories"
Laurindra

Post by Laurindra »

Het is i.i.g. een goed be-argumenteerd antwoord. ^:^
Brede P

Post by Brede P »

Geweldig als je het lef hebt om op een examen een dergelijk antwoord op te geven...
Wel erg adrem, en zoals Whocares al zei, heel erg goed beargumenteerd...
Brede W and Brede P wonen samen... :D:D
Albinoraptor

Post by Albinoraptor »

Whehehehe erg erg cool :D
Dit is echte humor :)
Libido78
Global MOD

Post by Libido78 »

leuk jah
[url=http://www.smokingbarrels.nl]de Smoking Barrels[/url]
[img:350:50]http://libido78.bvdserver.com/lucky2.jpg[/img]
[BVD]Webgnome

Post by [BVD]Webgnome »

Ik denk dat je dat op nederlandse uni's of weet ik veel wat voor scholen zou doen je met je eigen antwoord werd bekogeld en een 1 krijgt wegens inzet ofzo :P
[url=http://www.bvdsouth.nl/][BVD]South Online[/url]
Hemz

Post by Hemz »

Dat zal hem wel veel tijd hebben gekost om dat te beargumenteren. En dat tijdens een examen :D
DKasemier

Post by DKasemier »

t was een bonusvraag he, dus waarschijnlijk de laatste... waarop enkel valt te winnen en niet valt te verliezen...
gast heeft best wel humor
It rocks... It's a rock...
Hachy

Post by Hachy »

Hijs leuk :)
http://www.qsit.nl
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

^:^
Peace means, reloading your guns!!